postat de yourcookingrecipe in 2011-04-12 16:14
Spring Vegetable Paella
- 1 lb wild leeks, rinsed thoroughly, trimmed and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups brown rice
- 2 L vegetable stock
- 1 Tsp saffron
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 1/2 bunch cooking greens (collard greens, spinach, kale, sorrel or chard would all work)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, washed and cut into bite-sized lengths
- 1 lb fiddleheads, thoroughly rinsed and any woody ends cut off
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled, cooled and cut into quarters
- 1/4 lb summer sausage, sliced thinly and then halved.
generous amounts of good sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste.
In a large dutch oven, paella pan or wide saucepan, saute the wild leeks on medium-low heat in a pat of butter. When they are softened and fragrant, add the rice, stock and saffron. Simmer, covered, until the rice is cooked – about 20 minutes. Add the paprika and greens and cook uncovered for another 2-3 minutes, until the greens are cooked through. Saute the asparagus and fiddleheads in a separate pan over med-low heat in butter, salt and pepper until just cooked through. Slice the sausage and eggs. When everything is cooked, gently fold the asparagus, fiddleheads and sausage into the rice, being careful not to damage the vegetables. Serve in the pan or in a large bowl, with the eggs arranged on top and plenty of spanish wine.
Recipe By Kelly Rossiter